What are the Rules of Conduct in H1Z1?
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE BASIC RULES OF CONDUCT THAT GOVERN PLAYER INTERACTION AND ACTIVITY WITHIN H1Z1. FAILURE TO ACT RESPONSIBLY AND COMPLY WITH THESE WILL RESULT IN DISCIPLINARY ACTION, WHICH MAY INCLUDE THE TERMINATION OF YOUR DAYBREAK GAMES ACCOUNTS WITHOUT REFUND OF ANY KIND AND REFUSAL OF SERVICE TO ALL PRESENT AND FUTURE DAYBREAK GAMES PRODUCTS.
1. Extremely foul language is not permitted, in any language.
Foul language (including commonly used abbreviations), sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, sexist, racially or ethnically offensive language, and other language intended to cause grief are not acceptable. This also includes character names; so be sure to name your character something your mother would be willing to write on a birth certificate.
There is a difference between smack talk and taking things too far and it will be up to the admin to decide when that happens. Hate speech of any kind will not be tolerated and will result in immediate account action.
2. To expound upon the general guidelines, you may not harass other players.
Harassment is defined as specifically targeting another player or group of players to harm or inconvenience them. Harassment can take many forms, as it goes to the perceived state-of-mind of the person or group of persons initiating the action. However, in order to account for those who are more sensitive than others, the GM involved will make a determination as to whether or not the reported issue would be considered harassment and act accordingly. Please remember that H1Z1 is a mature game, and will include mature content and interactions including foul language. Hate-mongering of any kind will result in the immediate termination of all Daybreak Games accounts if sufficient and proper evidence is available and verified.
3. You may not disrupt the normal playability of a game world area.
Area Disruption is defined as any activity, intentional or unintentional, which harms or inconveniences a larger number of players. Causing a disruption may result in disciplinary action being taken against the account that may include official warnings, account suspensions, or account terminations depending on the severity of the incident which will be determined by a GM and a Lead GM. Multiple suspensions or account termination will result in the termination of all Daybreak Games accounts.
Disruption includes, but is not limited to, such things such as:
- Making excessive and inappropriate use of the various communications tools available to players, i.e. spamming.
- Large groups of players using graphically intense abilities in small areas intended to cause game and/or video lag for other players.
- Organizing, holding, or participating in group events with the sole purpose of inconveniencing/disrupting other players, on-going events, or Daybreak Games staff functions.
4. You may not defraud others.
Fraud is defined as falsely representing one's intentions to make a gain at another's expense. Examples of this activity include but are not limited to:
- Offering to assist another player for in-game items and then leaving the area without holding up your end of the bargain.
- The use of bugs in the game’s trade window to deprive someone of one or more of their items.
- These examples are not all inclusive, other violations will be reviewed by Customer Service on a case by case basis.
- Please note that Daybreak Game Company does not moderate or enforce trades or agreements made on third party sites such as Steam, G2A, etc.
Defrauding other players will result in the removal of earnings or equivalent goods from your accounts, and may result in disciplinary action being taken against the account including but not limited to official warnings, account suspensions, or account terminations. The severity of the incident will be determined by a GM and a Lead GM. Multiple suspensions or account termination will result in the termination of all Daybreak Games accounts.
5. You may not intentionally circumvent the combat features to gain an unfair advantage (cheating, teaming, team killing).
All forms and methods of cheating, including hacks, bots, aimbots, and duping are expressly forbidden.
Teaming or colluding is defined as 2 more players or groups of players playing and/or assisting each other in any form as a group larger than is intended for the existing match.
Team killing is defined as intentionally killing another member of your team in the duo or 5 man team matches.
6. You may not abuse or harass Daybreak Games employees or the tools provided to request support.
The following is a short list of things that would be considered "abuse" within the game:
- Sexual Abuse or Harassment - untoward and unwelcome advances of a graphic and sexual nature. This includes virtual rape, overt sexual overtures, and stalking of a sexual nature.
- Attempting to Defraud a Daybreak Games employee – requesting assistance from an employee with false information or with the intention of receiving benefits as a result. This includes reporting bug deaths, item loss, or fraudulently accusing other players of wrongdoing.
- Impersonating a Daybreak Games employee - falsely representing yourself to another player as a Daybreak Games GM or employee.
- Employee Abuse - sending excessive, unsolicited messages to a Daybreak Games employee using any media format. Using abusive language when communicating with a Daybreak Games employee, or Making physical threats to an employee may result in immediate action being taken against your account. In the case of physical threats, law enforcement may be contacted.
- Abusing the ticketing system by submitting inappropriate or abusive language, intentionally submitting a large amount of tickets (SPAM), or the continual submission of CS tickets regarding any issue which Customer Service has already determined is closed.
- Using Threats of Retribution by a Daybreak Games employee - attempting to convince another player that they have no recourse in a disagreement because favoritism is shown to one of the parties by Daybreak Games.
Please note that this list is not all inclusive and a GM and/or a Lead GM may determine that other actions are considered abuse. This will be done on a case by case review.
Abuse of others will result in disciplinary action being taken against the account that may include official warnings, account suspensions, or account terminations depending on the severity of the incident which will be determined by a GM and a Lead GM. Multiple suspensions or account termination will result in the termination of all Daybreak Games accounts.
7. Terminated and Banned accounts will have all properties and belongings removed.
Please note that the Customer Service Manager's decision on all matters is final.
Please also see;