What's the PlanetSide 2 Naming Policy?
Names in PlanetSide 2 are on a first come first served basis.
Naming guidelines apply to all of the following:
- Character names
- Outfit names
- Squad names
- Names created in any language
- Names that may not have been submitted with inappropriate intent
- Names in PlanetSide® 2 should reflect the genre of the game; original names are highly desired.
Non-compliance can result in action taken on your account including but not limited to a permanent warning, suspension from game play for a period of time, or a definitive ban from the game.
Here’s a more complete list of what’s not allowed in PlanetSide 2:
The following types of names are not allowed in PlanetSide 2; these types of names may result in them being changed with a warning at the very least:
- Vile, profane, rude, homophobic, sexist, or racist names including profanity, sexual preference, sexual innuendo, anatomical references, racial slurs, and homonyms of these words.
- Combinations of words that produce an offensive result that crosses a line.
- Names chosen with the intent or possessed with the effect of harming the reputation of others, to harass others, or used to impersonate a Customer or representative of Daybreak Game Company.
- Names containing significant religious, political, historic origin figures or words (e.g. Jesus, Allah, Satan, Stalin, God, Nazi). We’re not too worried about names such as Blueangel, or Daredevil, Godlike or other such uncreative names, but you can’t run around with a religious figure as your or in your name or words being used in a religious sense (e.g., HolyGod - get the difference?).
- We also don’t need to see Obama, Bush, Churchill and other politicians from around the world in our game, we see them enough outside.
- Names intended to cause disruption and/or invite political discourse, e.g. "stirring the pot"
- Names where the combination of any names violates a previous rule (AwesomeJax Sucks).
- No accented or alternative letters will be allowed in character or outfit names.
- In-game titles or achievements names will not be allowed in a name (e.g. Commander Jack, BR8-Monster).
- No websites. Don’t try to make www.ilovemyself.com as your name.
- No hardcore drug references.
- For all of the above, misspellings and alternative spellings of the word or words are also unacceptable.
Customer Service Management reserves the right, at its discretion, to determine whether any name is inappropriate for use in-game, and to effect its immediate change, regardless of when the name was created. Decisions by Customer Service Management as to whether or not a name violates this Policy are final.