What can you do in Virtual Reality Training?
- Go to any warp terminal in the warpgate to access the VR Training Simulator.
- Once inside the computer (you're two levels deep now; be careful not to drop to three) players will have access to everything that exists in the paradoxically real world of Auraxis.
- All vehicles, weapons and upgrades are unlocked and available with no resource cost or cooldown timer.
- Knock some targets down at the shooting range, take on hordes of enemy bots in the open field, or get a squad together and tackle whatever objectives spring to mind.
- No stats are recorded or rewards given while in the simulator, so permission is granted to go crazy.
- Return to a warp terminal at the training facility to exit the computer-within-a-computer and get back to virtual real life.
A full list of VR Training features follows:
- Accessible through any warp terminal.
- Each Empire has its own VR Training area.
- A safe test area where you can try every weapon, vehicle and upgrade available to your Empire at no cost! All weapons for infantry and vehicles available to the player's Empire can be used!
- Target dummies for vehicles and infantry that have the same properties as normal combat.
- Indoor shooting range with random targets at 10 meter intervals for reflex practice and target recognition.
- Outdoor shooting range with infantry and vehicle targets to train with all manner of weaponry.
- Open area to practice driving or flying with vehicles.
- A quad course is available but jump ramps haven't been installed yet, so be cautious and creative when navigating the course!
- While in VR players have a separate set of loadouts for vehicles and classes. Normal loadouts are used when the player returns to one of the continents.
- A Redeploy hotkey has been added and can be used without having to view the map. Default binding is the Delete key. If you find yourself stranded in VR, use the hotkey to get back to the training facility. This functionality is available both in and out of VR Training.
- All vehicle upgrades, suit upgrades, abilities and weapon attachments are available and at the maximum rank while in the zone, regardless of the player's current certifications.
- Vehicles and MAX suits do not cost resources, nor do they require or start acquisition timers.
- No player stats are recorded while in VR.
- Experience and medals cannot be earned while in VR.
- Players cannot hurt each other or their vehicles in VR, but can hurt themselves.
- Shooting or destroying friendly target dummies while in VR does not net grief points but will still show the grief indicator and play the grief sound.
- Respawning has no time delay.
- Weapon trials cannot be obtained while in this area - you already have access to every weapon!
- Note that consumables still cost resources and deplete the player's inventory when used while in VR. This will be altered in a future update.