What is the EverQuest Naming Policy?
The primary goal of the Naming Policy is to define and govern naming options within EverQuest and to balance customer satisfaction with the overall integrity of the game. We hope that the Policy set forth below will further these goals, however we reserve the right to continue to evaluate and revise this Policy as new situations and service concerns arise.
This Policy is not all-inclusive and there may be situations which arise within its scope, but are not directly addressed here under. On such occasions, the Customer Service Team will use its discretion to determine whether or not further action is warranted on a case-by-case basis.
The Naming Privilege Policy applies to the following naming options in EverQuest.
- First Names
- Surnames/Last Names
- Guild Names
- House Pet Names
- NPC Pet Names
- Re-nameable objects/containers
- Guild Member Rank Names
- Any Naming options that may be implemented in future expansions or updates
All of the names you find in the world of EverQuest should be consistent with the spirit of the game. Character names must be at least four (4) characters in length, begin with a capitalized letter, and cannot include numeric characters (0 - 9) or special characters. All naming options in EverQuest will be subject to the following policy:
1. Vile, profane, rude, offensive, or racist names, including common swear words, anatomical references, racial slurs, references to any disease, terrorism references, and homonyms (sound-alike) of such words are not allowed.
2. Combinations of words that produce an offensive result or produce a policy violation within any part of this policy are not permitted. This includes any combination of naming options (First name, Surname, Guild Name, Pet name, etc…).
3. Drug references are not allowed in any form. This includes both controlled substances as well as prescription and over-the-counter medicines. Cannabis, Fourtwenty, Methaddict, Hempsmoker, Viagratank, Tylenoltyke, and Benadrylbard are examples of names that are not permitted.
4. Names from religious, occult, or significant historic origin (e.g. Jesus, Allah, Satan, Stalin, etc) are not allowed. References to infamous/controversial historical events or groups are also not allowed. Jonestown Koolaid, Thirdreich, Al'Qaida, and Klanmember are examples of names that are not permitted.
4.a) To allow greater flexibility with both character and guild name options, generic religious or occult references to concepts/ideals such as Heaven, Hell, Angel, Devil, Voodoo, etc… are allowed. Examples of acceptable guild names include "Devils Brigade", "Angels of Destruction", "Hell or High Water", or "Voodoo Agents". Examples of guild names that are not acceptable include "Crusaders of Christ," "Buddha's Barbarians," or "Avengers of Allah".
5. Do not pick a name that violates anyone's trademarks, publicity rights or other proprietary rights. In the event that the holder of any trademarked or copyrighted material contacts Daybreak Game Company LLC and requests reference(s) to their intellectual property be removed, any names containing trademarked or copyrighted material will be changed.
6. Names containing titles that are available via the in-game title system are not allowed (Lord, Lady, Hierophant, Master, etc…).
6.a Class and Race names by themselves or with "the" in front of them (as described below) are considered Titles as per section 6 above and are not allowed. Class and race names may be used in combination with other nouns and adjectives to create an acceptable name or surname, for example: "Greenguardian" and "Fallenguardian" are both acceptable.
7. The use of "The", "D", "Da", "Dah", "Le" or other character combinations used to imply "The" as part of your name or surname are acceptable, so long as they do not utilize any in-game titles or violate any other section of this policy. Example: "Tallor Thelord" is not allowed, "Tallor Theblue" or "Tallor Thehealer" is acceptable.
8. Names containing phrases are acceptable, so long as they do not violate any other section of this policy. Names such as "Wizzybattlecry Notintheface", "Amen Canigetarez", or "Healzu Likeabard" are examples of acceptable names.
9. Proper names from EverQuest or EverQuest II (e.g. Rathe, Karana, Antonia) are not allowed. This includes the first or last name of any significant EverQuest or EverQuest II NPC (e.g. Dorn, Trumpy, Irontoe, Trueshot, Bayle).
10. Naming options chosen with the intent or possessed with the effect of harassing, harming the reputation of another or are used to impersonate a customer or representative of Daybreak Game Company LLC are not allowed. Utilizing any name option to harass or disrupt another individual, group, or guild will result in disciplinary action taken on the offending account(s) and may result in character deletion. Accounts which have characters deleted due to a violation of this policy are not subject to reimbursement privileges.
11. For all of the above, misspellings and alternative spellings of any word or words that are forbidden by this policy are not allowed.
Surname Conditions EverQuest.
- Any number of Customers may have the same Surname.
- Surnames must be at least four (4) characters in length.
Customers that choose surnames that violate any portion of this policy will be subject to disciplinary action as detailed below.
EverQuest Surname Conditions
Characters may change their own surname every seven (7) days by using the /surname command.
Customer Service Management reserves the right, at its discretion, to determine whether any name is inappropriate for use in-game and to effect its immediate change. Decisions by Customer Service Management as to whether or not a name violates this policy are final.
Character names that are found to be in violation of any of any section of this policy may be changed at any time by our Customer Service Team regardless of when the name may have been created. Players will need to purchase a rename from the in-game marketplace if they wish to change the name further. Additional disciplinary action may be required, depending on the severity of the violation. Repeated attempts to violate the above-stated policies may also result in further disciplinary actions taken on the account.
Disciplinary action may include, but is not limited to (and in no specific order):
- Account Warning
- Account Suspension
- Account Termination
- Removal of Naming Privileges
- Character Deletion
Should the Naming Privileges be denied to a character or account due to inappropriate actions and policy violations, that character/account will no longer have the ability to add Surnames to character(s), choose House Pet names, or create a Guild. Removal of Naming Privileges may be either of a limited duration or permanent, depending on the severity and/or frequency of the policy violations.
Should a guild name or guild rank name be in violation of the Naming Privilege Policy:
The guild will be renamed, disbanded or deleted.
Guilds which have been disbanded or deleted due to a violation of this policy forfeit any reimbursement privileges for guild bank items, guild levels, etc….
Any additional disciplinary action that may be required (as stated above) may be applied to the Guild Creator, Officers, and/or Members, depending on the severity of the violation.