EverQuest Character Transfer Instructions
Please note that all transfers are final.
Customer Service will not reverse, refund, or otherwise modify a transfer once completed. Please ensure that you have set up your transfer to your satisfaction prior to submission.
- Transfer Tokens are not accepted for Account to Account transfers.
- Account-to-Account transfers are a flat 2,500 Daybreak Cash fee per character. This is not modified by any discounts, promotions, or other offers and must be paid in full by the source account.
- Payment must be made from the source account.Items and coin in your Shared Bank will stay on your original server (and account).
- You will be removed from any Real Estate plots you own.
- All items in your current house/plot will be placed into a moving crate, and will appear on your cursor when you first log in to your new server. You will need to purchase a new plot on your new server if you wish to unload your moving crate.
- Your character will be removed from their guild and fellowship.
- Characters that have been flagged to receive Veteran Rewards maintain this flag, however, as these rewards are based on the age of the account, your character may gain or lose abilities depending upon the Veteran Reward level of the account the character has been moved to.
- Transferring a character to a different account does not include a name change token.
- Please note that transfers are typically not allowed on special rules servers.
- You may not use the transfer service to bypass account restrictions, suspensions, or bans.
Transferring to a different account currently requires that you contact Customer Service, as these transfers are done manually. Please read the information in this article to ensure that your character is ready for transfer. Account specific features (vet reward time, expansion claims, etc) are not transferable between accounts.
In order to be eligible for an account to account transfer, you must do the following:
- Both accounts must be set up with 2-Step Verification using the same phone number. Help me set that up.
- Both accounts must have the same (verified) email address.
- Purchase 2500 Daybreak Cash on the source account (the one with the characters on it.) If you are moving multiple characters, each one requires a separate fee.
- Submit a ticket from the source account (the one with the characters.)
You will be required to provide the following information in the ticket:
- Source account name
- Destination account name
- Character name(s)
Do not purchase the Daybreak Cash until you have set up the 2 Step verification requirements as we will be unable to offer a refund for purchased Daybreak Cash. Transfer Tokens are not accepted for Account to Account transfers.
Prerequisites for Transferring to a new Server
- Your character must be at least level 20.
- Your account and character must be at least 60 days old.
- Once a character has been transferred, that character is unable to transfer again for 24 hours.
- You may initiate 8 character transfers within a 180 day period. If your character has been transferred within this time frame, you will need to wait before you can transfer them again.
Servers with Restrictions or Special Considerations
- Phinigel (TLP) – Restricted. You may transfer off to normal servers but you may not transfer to Phinigel.
- Ragefire (TLP) – Restricted. You may not transfer off of Ragefire, however you may transfer here from Lockjaw.
- Lockjaw (TLP) – Restricted. You may not transfer to the Lockjaw server, however you may transfer off to the Ragefire server.
- Fippy Darkpaw (TLP) – Restricted. You may only transfer to normal servers from Fippy, however you may transfer to Fippy from Vulak’aerr.
- Vulak’aerr (TLP) – Restricted. You may transfer to Fippy Darkpaw or normal servers, but you may not transfer to Vulak’aerr.
- Test Server – Prohibited. You may copy a character to the Test server using the /testcopy command, no transfers are permitted for this server.
- Firiona Vie – Restricted. You may only transfer to Firiona Vie. Characters are not permitted to leave this server under any circumstance.
- Trakanon – Restricted. You may not transfer to Trakanon, however you may freely move from Trakanon to any normal ruleset server. Use the /servertransfer command to see a list of servers.
- Zek – Free transfers are available to the Zek server. Use the /servertransfer command to begin the process.
- Brekt (Quarm) - There are no transfers on or off this server.
- Agnarr (TLP) - There are no transfers on or off this server.
- Test - There are no transfers on or off this server, including Account to Account/
Transferring to a Different Server
- If your character’s name is unavailable on your destination server, you will need to choose a new name for your character.
- This name change is considered final. Customer Service will not change your character name post-transfer regardless of how long you’ve played, activity levels (or lack thereof) of the character in possession of the desired name, or any other circumstance.
Instructions for Transferring to a New Server
Ensure that you have reviewed the prior information in this article before beginning this process. If you are utilizing a free transfer (such as to Zek), you may skip steps 1, 2, and 3 by simply using the /servertransfer command.
- Type /marketplace or click the EQ button and select “Marketplace” from the menu to open the Marketplace window.
- Go to the “Services” tab in the Marketplace and purchase a Character Transfer Token. Please ensure that you have adequate inventory space to hold the Token.
- When you are ready to transfer, right-click your Character Transfer Token to consume it. This will open the Server Transfer List window.
- If you close this window by mistake, you can reopen it by using the /servertransfer command.
- Click to select your desired destination server.
- If the list indicates that your name is already in use on that server, you will need to enter a new character name in the provided field. Once you have done so, click Refresh to check if your entered name is available on that server. Repeat if necessary.
- Click the “Transfer” button to move your character to your new server. You may need to confirm after this point. Once you have done so, you will be immediately disconnected and your character will be transferred to their new server. Please allow a few minutes for the process to finish.