EverQuest II character transfer instructions
Please note that all transfers are final.
Customer Service will not reverse, refund, or otherwise modify a transfer once completed. Please ensure that you have set up your transfer to your satisfaction prior to submission.
- Transfer Tokens are not accepted for Account to Account transfers.
- Account-to-Account transfers are a flat 2,500 Daybreak Cash fee per character. This is not modified by any discounts, promotions, or other offers and must be paid in full by the source account.
- Payment must be made from the source account.
- Items and coin in your Shared Bank will stay on your original server (and account).
- Your character will be removed from their guild (Server to Server transfers only.)
- Please note that transfers are typically not allowed on special rules servers.
Transferring to a different account currently requires that you contact Customer Service, as these transfers are done manually. Please read the information in this article to ensure that your character is ready for transfer.
In order to be eligible for an account to account transfer, you must do the following:
- Both accounts must be set up with 2-Step Verification using the same phone number. Help me set that up.
- Both accounts must have the same (verified) email address.
- Purchase 2500 Daybreak Cash on the source account (the one with the characters on it.) If you are moving multiple characters, each one requires a separate fee.
- Submit a ticket from the source account (the one with the characters.)
You will be required to provide the following information in the ticket:
- Source account name
- Destination account name
- Character name(s)
Do not purchase the Daybreak Cash until you have set up the 2 Step verification requirements as we will be unable to offer a refund for purchased Daybreak Cash. Transfer Tokens are not accepted for Account to Account transfers.
Prerequisites for Transferring to a new Server
- Your character must be at least level 10.
- Your character must be at least 60 days old.
- You may only move 2 characters per 24 hour window.
- Transferring to a new Server requires the purchase of a Server Transfer Token from the Marketplace. The base price is 2,500 Daybreak Cash prior to any Membership discounts or promotions.
Servers with Restrictions or Special Considerations
- Stormhold (TLE) – There are no transfers on or off this server
- Fallen Gate (TLE) - There are no transfers on or off this server. This includes Account to Account.
- Isle of Refuge – Transfer tokens are specifically titled as Isle of Refuge tokens in the marketplace. This is a one-way trip. There are no transfers off this server.
- Non-US Servers – If you are transferring between US and non-US servers, please be aware that you may be unable to transfer for a few-hour period on patch days as each region patches at different points during the day. Both the source and destination servers must be running the same version in order to transfer between them.
Transferring to a Different Server
- If your character’s name is unavailable on your destination server, you will need to choose a new name for your character.
- This name change is considered final. Customer Service will not change your character name post-transfer regardless of how long you’ve played, activity levels (or lack thereof) of the character in possession of the desired name, or any other circumstance.
- You must remove all items from the Broker. This includes boxes, crates, display cases, and coins.
- You must have no mail in your mailbox.
- You must have no published dungeons. Remember to pick up any housing items before deleting any dungeons.
Instructions for Transferring to a New Server
Ensure that you have reviewed the prior information in this article before beginning this process.
- Type /marketplace or click the EQII button and select “Marketplace” from the menu to open the Marketplace window.
- Go to the “Services” tab in the Marketplace and purchase a Server Transfer Token. Please ensure that you have adequate inventory space to hold the Token.
- In order to see the Token in the Marketplace, you must maintain a recurring All Access Membership for over 30 days. Recurring Membership can only be accomplished with an automatically-renewing Credit Card payment at this time.
- When you are ready to transfer, right-click your Character Transfer Token and select “Use” to bring up the Transfer Window.
- Click to select your desired destination server.
- Click the “Transfer” button to move your character to your new server. You will be prompted to confirm your destination server and desired name.
- If your name is already taken on your destination server, you will be prompted to enter a new name into the provided field and click “Transfer” again. Please remember that this name change is final.