How do I validate game files?
If you are having problems with one of our games, you should validate the game assets both through the launchpad and through Steam (if purchased or downloaded through Steam.)
*H1Z1 Players should only verify through the Steam client.
Validate Game Assets through the launchpad
- Run the LaunchPad and log in, but do not press play.
- Click on the Advanced Tools icon (looks like a gear) in the lower left and and choose Validate Game Assets.
- Press the green Validate button to have the LaunchPad check your game files and download any missing or corrupt files.
Validate Game Assets through Steam Client
- Run Steam
- Right click on the game in your library.
- Choose Properties.
- Select the Local Files tab
- Click Verify Integrity of Game Cache